1. having the taste or flavour characteristic of sugar, honey, etc.
2. producing the one of the four basic taste sensations that is not bitter, sour, or salt.
3. not rancid or stale; fresh: This milk is still sweet.
4. not salt or salted.
5. pleasing to the ear; making a delicate, pleasant, or agreeable sound; musical.
6. pleasing or fresh to the smell; fragrant; perfumed.
7. pleasing or agreeable; delightful.
8. amiable; kind or gracious, as a person, action, etc.
9. dear; beloved; precious.
10.easily managed; done or effected without effort.
11.(of wine) not dry; containing unfermented, natural sugar.
12.(of a cocktail) made with a greater proportion of vermouth than usual.
13.sentimental, cloying, or unrealistic.
14.(of air) fresh; free from odour, staleness, excess humidity, noxious gases, etc.
15.free from acidity or sourness, as soil.
a. devoid of corrosive or acidic substances.
b. (of fuel oil or gas) containing no sulphur compounds.
17.(of jazz or big band music) performed with a regular beat, moderate tempo, lack of improvisation, and an emphasis on warm tone and clearly outlined melody.
18.in a sweet manner; sweetly.
19.a sweet flavour, smell, or sound; sweetness.
20.something that is sweet or causes or gives a sweet flavour, smell, or sound.
a. candied sweet potatoes.
b. (in direct address) sweetheart.
22.sweets, pie, cake, candy, and other foods high in sugar content.
a. a piece of candy; sweetmeat or bonbon.
b. a sweet dish or dessert, as a pudding or tart.
24.something pleasant to the mind or feelings.
25.a beloved person.
26.(in direct address) darling; sweetheart.
A sweet man
Smiling in the night.