1. Usually, calipers. an instrument for measuring thicknesses and internal or external diameters inaccessible to a scale, consisting usually of a pair of adjustable pivoted legs.
2. any of various calibrated instruments for measuring thicknesses or distances between surfaces, usually having a screwed or sliding adjustable piece.
3. thickness or depth, as of paper or a tree.
4. Usually, calipers. the pincers of an earwig.
5. Automotive . the part of a disc-brake assembly that straddles the disc and presses the brake pads against it.
6. a similar part used with a hand brake on a bicycle.–verb (used with object)
7. to measure with calipers.–verb (used without object)
8. to use calipers.
Struggling to get out of bed ?
Developing a sad case of caliper pillows.
Howling at the moon.