1. situated, placed, or occurring not far above the ground, floor, or base.
2. of small extent upward; not high or tall.
3. not far above the horizon, as a planet.
4. lying or being below the general level.
5. designating or pertaining to regions near sea level, especially near the sea.
6. bending or passing far downward; deep.
7. (of a garment) low-necked; décolleté.
8. rising but slightly from a surface.
9. of less than average or normal height or depth, as a liquid or stream.
10.near the first of a series.
11.ranked near the beginning or bottom on some scale of measurement.
12.indicating the bottom or the point farthest down.
13.lacking in strength, energy, or vigour; feeble; weak.
14.providing little nourishment or strength, as a diet.
15.of small number, amount, degree, force, intensity, etc.
16.indicated or represented by a low number.
17.soft: subdued; not loud.
18.Music . produced by relatively slow vibrations, as sounds; grave in pitch.
19.assigning or attributing little worth, value, excellence, or the like.
20.containing a relatively small amount.
21.nearing depletion; not adequately supplied.
22.depressed or dejected.
23.far down in the scale of rank or estimation; humble.
24.of inferior quality or character.
25.lacking in dignity or elevation, as of thought or expression.
26.mean, base, or disreputable.
27.coarse or vulgar.
28.Boxing . struck or delivered below a contestant's belt.
29.Biology . having a relatively simple structure; not complex in organization.
30.Phonetics . (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue, as the vowels of hat, hut, hot, ought, etc.
31.Automotive . of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the drive shaft moves at the lowest speed with relation to the speed of the engine crankshaft, used especially for temporarily overcoming the weight or inertia of the vehicle; first.
32.Baseball . (of a pitched ball) passing the plate at a level below that of the batter's knees.
33.Cards . having less value than other cards.
34.Metallurgy . having a relatively small amount of a specified constituent (usually used in combination with a noun)
35.Chiefly British . holding to Low Church principles and practices.-adv.
36.in or to a low position, point, degree, etc.
37.near the ground, floor, or base; not aloft.
38.in or to a humble or abject state.
39.in or to a condition of depletion, prostration, or death.
40.at comparatively small cost; cheaply.
41.at or to a low pitch, volume, intensity, etc..
42.in a low tone; softly; quietly.
43.Archaic . far down in time; late.-noun
44.something that is low, as ground or prices.
46.Meteorology . an atmospheric low-pressure system; cyclone.
a. the lowest trump card.
b. a card of small value, or of lower value than other cards.
c. the lowest score in a game.
d. a player having such a score.
48.a point of deepest decline, vulgarity, etc.-verb (used without object)
1. to utter the deep, low sound characteristic of cattle; moo.
-verb (used with object)
2. to utter by or as by lowing.-noun
3. the act or the sound of lowing-verb (used without object)
British Dialect .
1. to burn; blaze.
2. (of a person) to feel strong emotions; glow with excitement.
Locked in our embrace
We low, intense,
We low in unison
Our world combusts
With our song
Stree art by Fred le Chevalier