1. (of paper or other writing surface) having no marks; not written or printed on.
2. not filled in, as a printed form.
3. unrelieved or unbroken by ornament, opening, decoration, etc.
4. lacking some usual or completing feature.
5. (of a recording medium) containing no previously recorded information.
6. void of interest, variety, results, etc.
7. showing no attention, interest, or emotion.
8. disconcerted; nonplussed; speechless.
9. complete; utter; unmitigated.
10.Archaic . white; pale; colourless. –noun
11.a place where something is lacking; an empty space.
12.a space in a printed form, test, etc., to be filled in.
13.a printed form containing such spaces.
14.a dash put in place of an omitted letter, series of letters, etc., especially to avoid writing a word considered profane or obscene.
15.Metalworking . a piece of metal ready to be drawn, pressed, or machined into a finished object.
16.Archery . the bull's-eye.
17.the object toward which anything is directed; aim; target.
18.blank cartridge. –verb (used with object)
19.to cross out or delete, especially in order to invalidate or void (usually followed by “out” ).
20.Informal . to keep (an opponent) from scoring in a game.
21.Metalworking . to stamp or punch out of flat stock, as with a die.
I went to take a write
On a smooth blank sheet
But smoothness can be deceptive:
It swallowed me whole.
On white, no one will see me scream.