1. dependent for existence, occurrence, character, etc., on something not yet certain; conditional (often followed by "on" or "upon").
2. liable to happen or not; uncertain; possible.
3. happening by chance or without known cause; fortuitous; accidental.
4. Logic . (of a proposition) neither logically necessary nor logically impossible, so that its truth or falsity can be established only by sensory observation.
5. a quota of troops furnished.
6. any one of the representative groups composing an assemblage.
7. the proportion that falls to one as a share to be contributed or furnished.
8. a possible or chance occurrence
While frost is still contingent
The almond tree blooms all the same
To spite the elements
5th December 2019
12 hours ago