1. a rare variant of clue . anything that serves to guide or direct in the solution of a problem, mystery, etc.
2. Nautical . either lower corner of a square sail or the after lower corner of a fore-and-aft sail.
3. a ball or skein of thread, yarn, etc.
4. Usually, clews. the rigging for a hammock.
5. Theater . a metal device holding scenery lines controlled by one weighted line.
6. Classical Mythology . the thread by which Theseus found his way out of the labyrinth.
-verb (used with object)
7. to coil into a ball.
8. to direct or point out by a clue.
9. Theater .
a. to draw up the bottom edge of (a curtain, drop, etc.) and fold out of view; bag.
b. to secure (lines) with a clew.
A clew to hook you in
Set that feeble memory going
To stop your mind
22nd May 2018
4 hours ago