1. Usually, trammels. a hindrance or impediment to free action; restraint.
2. an instrument for drawing ellipses.
3. Also called tram. a device used to align or adjust parts of a machine.
4. trammel net. a three-layered fishing net, the middle layer of which is fine-meshed, the others coarse-meshed, so that fish attempting to pass through the net will become entangled in one or more of the meshes.
5. a fowling net.
6. a contrivance hung in a fireplace to support pots or kettles over the fire.
7. a fetter or shackle, especially one used in training a horse to amble.
-verb (used with object)
8. to involve or hold in trammels; restrain.
9. to catch or entangle in or as in a net.
And excess food.
short forms 21st August 2017
15 hours ago