1. lacking intensity of colour; colourless or whitish.
2. of a low degree of chroma, saturation, or purity; approaching white or grey.
3. not bright or brilliant; dim.
4. faint or feeble; lacking vigour.
-verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
5. to make or become pale
1. a stake or picket, as of a fence.
2. an enclosing or confining barrier; enclosure.
3. an enclosed area.
4. limits; bounds.
5. a district or region within designated bounds.
6. ( initial capital letter ) Also called English Pale, Irish Pale. a district in eastern Ireland included in the Angevin Empire of King Henry II and his successors.
7. an ordinary in the form of a broad vertical stripe at the centre of an escutcheon.
8. Shipbuilding . a shore used inside to support the deck beams of a hull under construction.
-verb (used with object)
9. to enclose with pales; fence.
10.to encircle or encompass.
Watch over its pale
haiku 18th October 2017
1 day ago