1. a cloud-like mass or layer of minute water droplets or ice crystals near the surface of the earth, appreciably reducing visibility.
2. any darkened state of the atmosphere, or the diffused substance that causes it.
3. a state of mental confusion or unawareness; daze; stupor.
4. Photography. a hazy effect on a developed negative or positive, caused by light other than that forming the image, by improper handling during development, or by the use of excessively old film.
5. Physical Chemistry. a mixture consisting of liquid particles dispersed in a gaseous medium.
–verb (used with object)
6. to cover or envelop with or as if with fog.
7. to confuse or obscure.
8. to bewilder or perplex.
9. Photography. to produce fog on (a negative or positive).
–verb (used without object)
10.to become enveloped or obscured with or as if with fog.
11.Photography. (of a negative or positive) to become affected by fog.
1. a second growth of grass, as after mowing.
2. long grass left standing in fields during the winter.
I seek the faintest trace of fog
On the mirror,
A sign you might still be there,
That you still thrive and sigh,
Measured in wisps of vapour,
In faint feeble heartbeats.
But the mirror does not collaborate,
Refusing to reflect life's shadow,
To bear ghosts and witness,
Pristine in its defiance,
The statement all too clear.
17th August 2019
2 hours ago