1. an individual human being
2. the body of a human being, sometimes including his or her clothing
3. a grammatical category into which pronouns and forms of verbs are subdivided depending on whether they refer to the speaker, the person addressed, or some other individual, thing, etc.
4. a human being or a corporation recognized in law as having certain rights and obligations
5. (philosophy) . a being characterized by consciousness, rationality, and a moral sense, and traditionally thought of as consisting of both a body and a mind or soul
6. archaic a character or role; guise
A no person,
and only the heart could be
- perhaps live -
in promises drawn to see.