1. a structure built on posts extending from land out over water, used as a landing place for ships, an entertainment area, a strolling place, etc.; jetty.
2. (in a bridge or the like) a support for the ends of adjacent spans.
3. a square pillar.
4. a portion of wall between doors, windows, etc.
5. a pillar or post on which a gate or door is hung.
6. a support of masonry, steel, or the like for sustaining vertical pressure.
7. a long passageway or corridor that extends from a central area of a building, especially one at an airport that leads to boarding gates.
I moored into your arms
As if to a pier shaken by storm
Unable to avoid the wreck still
Tearing at your heart in the process
Lost birds losing height
In the eye of the tempest.
haiku 23rd October 2017
7 hours ago