1. hard and continuous work; exhausting labour or effort.
2. a laborious task.
3. Archaic . battle; strife; struggle.
–verb (used without object)
4. to engage in hard and continuous work; labour arduously.
5. to move or travel with difficulty, weariness, or pain.
–verb (used with object)
6. to accomplish or produce by toil.
1. Usually, toils. a net or series of nets in which game known to be in the area is trapped or into which game outside of the area is driven.
2. Usually, toils. trap; snare: to be caught in the toils of a gigantic criminal conspiracy.
3. Archaic . any snare or trap for wild beasts.
Toils let out to dry,
Many such less worries
Paling in the warmth
24th March 2018
1 hour ago