1. the short, thick, inner digit of the human hand, next to the forefinger.
2. the corresponding digit in other animals; pollex.
3. the part of a glove or mitten for containing this digit.
4. Architecture . an ovolo or echinus moulding.
–verb (used with object)
5. to soil or wear with the thumbs in handling, as the pages of a book.
6. to glance through (the pages of a book, leaflet, etc.) quickly.
7. to play (a guitar or other instrument) with or as with the thumbs.
8. (of a hitchhiker) to solicit or get (a ride) by pointing the thumb in the desired direction of travel.
I thumb through your body,
Looking for favourite parts
Mindless of scars and fractures
That tell of a long love tale.
Question of the Month: Introverts on Book Tour
2 weeks ago