1. the act of cleaving or splitting into parts.
2. Also called nuclear fission. Physics. the splitting of the nucleus of an atom into nuclei of lighter atoms, accompanied by the release of energy.
3. Biology. the division of an organism into new organisms as a process of reproduction.
–verb (used without object)
4. Physics. to undergo fission.
–verb (used with object)
5. Physics. to cause to undergo fission.
Fission at such cleft
Making blood run hot
A thermal storm
Raging through my system
Until age sets in.