1. a stroll or walk, esp. in a public place, as for pleasure or display.
2. an area used for such walking.
3. a march of guests into a ballroom constituting the opening of a formal ball.
4. a march of dancers in square dancing.
5. a formal dance; prom.
–verb (used without object)
6. to go for or take part in a promenade.
7. to execute a promenade in square dancing.
–verb (used with object)
8. to take a promenade through or about.
9. to conduct or display in or as if in a promenade; parade
Promenade top goal:
Old sea scented carousel
Youth spinning by fast
Reminder: you can read my story "Another End" at Metazen (it's on for only a week, so don't miss it!)