–verb (used without object)
1. to shake tremulously; quiver or tremble.
2. to sound, speak, or sing tremulously.
3. to perform trills in singing or on a musical instrument.
–verb (used with object)
4. to utter, say, or sing with a quavering or tremulous voice.
5. a quavering or tremulous shake, especially in the voice.
6. a quavering tone or utterance.
7. Music (chiefly British). an eighth note.
Hanging onto a semiquaver
The tenuous sound
Stopping the world in its tracks
Public domain drawing of bird and nest courtesy of Perpetualplum at Flickr.
haiku 23rd October 2017
14 hours ago