1. any plant of the genus Papaver, having showy, usually red flowers.
2. any of several related or similar plants, as the California poppy or the prickly poppy.
3. an extract, as opium, from such a plant.
4. an orange red colour resembling scarlet.
5. Architecture. Also poppyhead - a finial or other ornament, often richly carved, as the top of the upright end of a bench or pew.
6. an artificial flower resembling a poppy, especially one received as evidence of a contribution to a fund for disabled war veterans.
7. tall poppy, Australian. someone of pre-eminence or with a large income; important and powerful person.
She dreamt of poppies
For all the hearts won and saved
Not knowing she was one
short forms 21st August 2017
35 minutes ago