1. the fatty portion of milk, separating as a soft whitish or yellowish solid when milk or cream is agitated or churned.
2. this substance, processed for cooking and table use.
3. any of various other soft spreads for bread.
4. any of various substances of butter-like consistency, as various metallic chlorides, and certain vegetable oils solid at ordinary temperatures.
- verb (used with object)
5. to put butter on or in; spread or grease with butter.
6. to apply a liquefied bonding material to (a piece or area), as mortar to a course of bricks.
7. Metalworking . to cover (edges to be welded together) with a preliminary surface of the weld metal.
8. to flatter
Angel and devil in turn
Depending on the speaker