1. a very fine thread or threadlike structure; a fiber or fibril.
2. a single fibril of natural or synthetic textile fiber, of indefinite length, sometimes several miles long.
3. a long slender cell or series of attached cells, as in some algae and fungi.
4. Botany . the stalklike portion of a stamen, supporting the anther.
5. Ornithology . the barb of a down feather.
6. (in a light bulb or other incandescent lamp) the threadlike conductor, often of tungsten, in the bulb that is heated to incandescence by the passage of current.
7. Electronics . the heating element (sometimes also acting as a cathode) of a vacuum tube, resembling the filament in an incandescent bulb.
8. Astronomy . a solar prominence, as viewed within the sun's limb.
An unusual ingredient
Boasting tea and filament.
Should I risk it?
20th May 2018
20 hours ago