Monday 6 September 2010

Muddle

MUDDLE

–verb (used with object)

1. to mix up in a confused or bungling manner; jumble.
2. to cause to become mentally confused.
3. to cause to become confused or stupid with or as if with an intoxicating drink.
4. to make muddy or turbid, as water.
5. to mix or stir (a cocktail, chocolate, etc.).
6. Ceramics . to smooth (clay) by rubbing it on glass.
–verb (used without object)
7. to behave, proceed, or think in a confused or aimless fashion or with an air of improvisation: Some people just muddle along, waiting for their big break.
–noun
8. the state or condition of being muddled, especially a confused mental state.
9. a confused, disordered, or embarrassing condition; mess.























Too many thoughts
Muddled inside my brain
Shaken and stirred
Mind cocktail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my Johny Appleseed - When I was a child if things were confusing or we got flustered and muddled my mother would say "We're all at Sixes and Sevens" - which is what my blog yesterday was all about!

Jinksy said...

So that's what's wrong with my brain! It's a cocktail!

spacedlaw said...

Cheers!

Jen said...

Muddled describes both my apartment and my brain. I can clean the apartment...don't think there's any hope for my brain.