1. a utensil for use in eating, stirring, measuring, ladling, etc., consisting of a small, shallow bowl with a handle.
2. any of various implements, objects, or parts resembling or suggesting this.
3. a spoonful.
4. Also called spoon bait. Angling. a lure used in casting or trolling for fish, consisting of a bright spoon-shaped piece of metal or the like, swivelled above one or more fish-hooks, and revolving as it is drawn through the water.
5. Also called number three wood. Golf. a club with a wooden head whose face has a greater slope than the brassie or driver, for hitting long, high drives from the fairway.
6. a curved piece projecting from the top of a torpedo tube to guide the torpedo horizontally and prevent it from striking the side of the ship from which it was fired.
–verb (used with object)
7. to eat with, take up, or transfer in or as in a spoon.
8. to hollow out or shape like a spoon.
a. to push or shove (a ball) with a lifting motion instead of striking it soundly, as in croquet or golf.
b. to hit (a ball) up in the air, as in cricket.
10.Informal. to show affection or love toward by kissing and caressing, esp. in an openly sentimental manner.
–verb (used without object)
11.Informal. to show affection or love by kissing and caressing, esp. in an openly sentimental manner.
12.Games. to spoon a ball.
13.Angling. to fish with a spoon.
Looking at your reflection in the spoon
To avoid your eyes
I trace the curve in search of a cuddle
20th January 2018
3 hours ago