1. a hard brittle transparent or translucent non-crystalline solid, consisting of metal silicates or similar compounds. It is made from a fused mixture of oxides, such as lime, silicon dioxide, etc., and is used for making windows, mirrors, bottles, etc.
2. any compound that has solidified from a molten state into a non-crystalline form
3. something made of glass, especially a drinking vessel, a barometer, or a mirror
4. the amount contained in a drinking glass . Also called : glassful
5. glassware collectively
6. to cover with, enclose in, or fit with glass
7. (informal) . to hit (someone) in the face with a glass or a bottle
Who should overspend the first day of the world?
Raising a toast of affectionate relief and strong terror
So strenuous our glass nearly shattered?
Hopes were dreamt of then
Yet promptly forgotten