1. any arboreal sciurine rodent of the genus Sciurus, such as S. vulgaris (red squirrel) or S. carolinensis (grey squirrel), having a bushy tail and feeding on nuts, seeds, etc.
2. any other rodent of the family Sciuridae, such as a ground squirrel or a marmot
3. the fur of such an animal
4. (informal) a person who hoards things
5. (trans.) usually followed by “away” (informal) . to store for future use; hoard
These people are driving me so completely nuts
That I am starting to get scared of squirrels