–verb (used without object)
1. to be frugal; get along on a scanty allowance.
2. Archaic . to cease action; desist.
–verb (used with object)
3. to limit to a certain amount, number, share, or allowance, often unduly; set limits to; restrict.
4. Archaic . to bring to an end; check.
5. a period of time spent doing something.
6. an allotted amount or piece of work.
7. limitation or restriction, especially as to amount.
8. a limited, prescribed, or expected quantity, share, rate, etc.
9. Obsolete . a pause; halt.
any of various small sandpipers of the genus Calidris, as the least sandpiper.
Love went on
For the briefest stint
Frugal wave leaving the shore
19th February 2018
16 hours ago