–verb (used with object)
1. to put to sleep or rest by soothing means.
2. to soothe or quiet.
3. to give or lead to feel a false sense of safety; cause to be less alert, aware, or watchful.
–verb (used without object)
4. to quiet down, let up, or subside.
5. a temporary calm, quiet, or stillness.
6. a soothing sound.
7. a pacified or stupefied condition.
I dreamt of the sea,
In a lull on my pillow
Its waves murmuring.
Waking up. salt in the sheets
Seaweeds and snoring mermaid.
L'île de la Cité And la Place Dauphine
6 hours ago