1. any of various short mixed drinks, consisting typically of gin, whiskey, rum, vodka, or brandy, with different admixtures, as vermouth, fruit juices, or flavorings, usually chilled and frequently sweetened.
2. a portion of food, as seafood served with a sauce, a mixture of fruits, or juice, served as the appetizer course of a meal.
3. Pharmacology. a beverage or solution concocted of various drugs.
4. any eclectic mixture or miscellaneous collection.
–verb (used without object)
5. to drink cocktails, esp. at a cocktail party.
6. (of women's clothing) styled for semiformal wear
7. of, pertaining to, used in, or suitable to the serving of cocktails
8. a horse with a docked tail.
9. a horse that is not a thoroughbred.
10.a man of little breeding who passes for a gentleman.
11.A species of rove beetle; -- so called from its habit of elevating the tail.
Of Singapore Sling
Potent like exotic sunsets
Dreaming of adventures not had
Burning regrets sharper than remorse.
21st April 2018
8 hours ago