1. any of various short mixed drinks, consisting typically of gin, whiskey, rum, vodka, or brandy, with different admixtures, as vermouth, fruit juices, or flavorings, usually chilled and frequently sweetened.
2. a portion of food, as seafood served with a sauce, a mixture of fruits, or juice, served as the appetizer course of a meal.
3. Pharmacology. a beverage or solution concocted of various drugs.
4. any eclectic mixture or miscellaneous collection.
–verb (used without object)
5. to drink cocktails, esp. at a cocktail party.
6. (of women's clothing) styled for semiformal wear
7. of, pertaining to, used in, or suitable to the serving of cocktails
8. a horse with a docked tail.
9. a horse that is not a thoroughbred.
10.a man of little breeding who passes for a gentleman.
11.A species of rove beetle; -- so called from its habit of elevating the tail.
Of Singapore Sling
Potent like exotic sunsets
Dreaming of adventures not had
Burning regrets sharper than remorse.
L'île de la Cité And la Place Dauphine
6 hours ago