–verb (used with object)
1. to squander or disperse piecemeal; waste little by little (usually followed by "away").
2. to break or tear into small pieces or shreds.
–verb (used without object)
3. to dwindle, shrink, degenerate, etc. (often followed by "away").
4. to separate or break into fragments.
5. a small piece, fragment, or shred.
Of all innocence
Looking hard at realities
That fritter under our prying mind
Leaving rusty dust on your decayed lips.
L'île de la Cité And la Place Dauphine
6 hours ago