1. an expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to prevent or avoid.
a. a formal notary certificate attesting the fact that a check, note, or bill of exchange has been presented for acceptance or payment and that it has been refused.
b. the action taken to fix the liability for a dishonoured bill of exchange or note.
a. (upon one's payment of a tax or other state or city exaction) a formal statement disputing the legality of the demand.
b. a written and attested declaration made by the master of a ship stating the circumstances under which some damage has happened to the ship or cargo, or other circumstances involving the liability of the officers, crew, etc.
4. Sports. a formal objection or complaint made to an official.
–verb (used without object)
5. to give manifest expression to objection or disapproval; remonstrate.
6. to make solemn or earnest declaration.
–verb (used with object)
7. to make a protest or remonstrance against; object to.
8. to say in protest or remonstrance.
9. to declare solemnly or earnestly; affirm; assert.
10.to make a formal declaration of the non acceptance or non payment of (a bill of exchange or note).
11.Obsolete. to call to witness.
Protest full of teeth
But of little true impact.
A cool stone crawler.
short forms 17th August 2017
3 hours ago