–verb (used without object)
1. to be in a horizontal, recumbent, or prostrate position, as on a bed or the ground; recline.
2. (of objects) to rest in a horizontal or flat position.
3. to be or remain in a position or state of inactivity, subjection, restraint, concealment, etc.
4. to rest, press, or weigh (usually fol. by on or upon).
5. to depend (usually followed by "on" or "upon").
6. to be placed or situated.
7. to be stretched out or extended.
8. to be in or have a specified direction; extend.
9. to be found or located in a particular area or place.
10.to consist or be grounded (usually followed by "in").
11.to be buried in a particular spot.
12.Law. to be sustainable or admissible, as an action or appeal.
13.Archaic. to lodge; stay the night; sojourn.
14.the manner, relative position, or direction in which something lies.
15.the haunt or covert of an animal.
16.Golf. the position of the ball relative to how easy or how difficult it is to play.
You lie in the small of my hand,
Liquid genie trapped in a bottle
Memories of scents mingled
To evocate worlds bigger than this one.
18th June 2018
11 hours ago