–verb (used with object)
1. to ask for as a gift, as charity, or as a favour.
2. to ask (someone) to give or do something; implore.
3. to take for granted without basis or justification.
4. to fail or refuse to come to grips with; avoid; evade.
–verb (used without object)
5. to ask alms or charity; live by asking alms.
6. to ask humbly or earnestly.
7. (of a dog) to sit up, as trained, in a posture of entreaty.
Your hand a shallow bowl
Begging for stray thoughts,
Shadows left behind by departing doubts
And wasted tears gone dry with age.
Begging for a gesture, a look
Cognition before recognition
A loosely wrapped bond ready to fly.
Begging to be held.
The background picture is copyright of Willow of Willow Manor, who has put it forth as a writing prompt.
Join the writing fun at Magpie Tales.
Question of the Month: Introverts on Book Tour
2 weeks ago