1. a picture or decoration made of small, usually coloured pieces of inlaid stone, glass, etc.
2. the process of producing such a picture or decoration.
3. something resembling such a picture or decoration in composition, especially in being made up of diverse elements.
4. Also called aerial mosaic, photomosaic. an assembly of aerial photographs matched in such a way as to show a continuous photographic representation of an area (mosaic map).
5. Architecture. (in an architectural plan) a system of patterns for differentiating the areas of a building or the like, sometimes consisting of purely arbitrary patterns used to separate areas according to function but often consisting of plans of flooring, reflected ceiling plans, overhead views of furnishings and equipment, or other items really included in the building or building plan.
6. Also called mosaic disease. Plant Pathology. any of several diseases of plants, characterized by mottled green or green and yellow areas on the leaves, caused by certain viruses.
7. Biology. an organism exhibiting mosaicism.
8. Television. a light-sensitive surface in a television camera tube, consisting of a thin mica sheet coated on one side with a large number of small globules of silver and cesium insulated from each other. The image to be televised is focused on this surface and the resulting charges on the globules are scanned by an electron beam.
9. pertaining to, resembling, or used for making a mosaic or mosaic work.
10.composed of a combination of diverse elements.
–verb (used with object)
11.to make a mosaic of or from.
12.to decorate with mosaic.
Your smile has become a mosaic
A myriad of feelings thrown together
But pleasure; worn off by time.
haiku 18th October 2017
3 days ago