1. an opening or initiating move toward negotiations, a new relationship, an agreement, etc.; a formal or informal proposal or offer.
a. an orchestral composition forming the prelude or introduction to an opera, oratorio, etc.
b. an independent piece of similar character.
3. an introductory part, as of a poem; prelude; prologue.
4. (in Presbyterian churches)
a. the action of an ecclesiastical court in submitting a question or proposal to presbyteries.
b. the proposal or question so submitted.
–verb (used with object)
5. to submit as an overture or proposal.
6. to make an overture or proposal to
I love to play
A most fragrant
Full of crunch