1. barely sufficient in amount or quantity; not abundant; almost inadequate.
2. limited; meagre; not large.
3. barely amounting to as much as indicated.
4. having an inadequate or limited supply (usually followed by “of”)
–verb (used with object)
5. to make scant; diminish.
6. to stint the supply of; withhold.
7. to treat slightly or inadequately.
8. Scot. and North England Dialect. scarcely; barely; hardly.
A scant measure of hope
Yet the cup overflows
Exuberance wins all
The garden a green riot.
Question of the Month: Celebration
18 hours ago