1. wood, especially oak and usually in the form of panelling, for lining interior walls.
2. the lining itself, especially as covering the lower portion of a wall.
3. a dado, esp. of wood, lining an interior wall.
4. British. oak of superior quality and cut, imported from the Baltic countries for fine woodwork.
–verb (used with object)
5. to line the walls of (a room, hallway, etc.) with or as if with woodwork
An inside-out house:
Wainscot on the outside;
Wild dreams roaming inside,
Like so many indomitable winds.
short forms 23rd March 2017
17 hours ago