1. a thin and usually oval or oblong board or tablet with a thumb hole at one end, used by painters for holding and mixing colours.
2. any other flat surface used by a painter for this purpose.
3. the set of colours on such a board or surface.
4. the range of colours used by a particular artist.
5. the variety of techniques or range of any art.
6. the complete range of colours made available by a computer graphics card, from which a user or program may choose those to be displayed.
7. (in ancient Egyptian art) a somewhat flattish slate object of various shapes, carved with commemorative scenes or motifs or, esp. in the smaller pieces, containing a recessed area probably for holding eye make-up and often used as a votive offering.
8. Also, pallette. Armour. a small plate defending the front of the armpit when the arm is lifted; gusset.
He dreamt of singing autumn's palette
Long enough to discover winter set in.
4 hours ago