1. the stem or main axis of a plant.
2. any slender supporting or connecting part of a plant, as the petiole of a leaf, the peduncle of a flower, or the funicle of an ovule.
3. a similar structural part of an animal.
4. a stem, shaft, or slender supporting part of anything.
5. Automotive. a slender lever, usually mounted on or near the steering wheel, that is used by the driver to control a signal or function
–verb (used without object)
1. to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.
2. to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides.
3. to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner.
4. Obsolete. to walk or go stealthily along.
–verb (used with object)
5. to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
6. to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game.
7. to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner.
8. an act or course of stalking quarry, prey, or the like.
9. a slow, stiff stride or gait.
Sunshine creeping up the hill
Lighting up the grass,
Stalk after stalk after stalk.
Question of the Month: Introverts on Book Tour
2 weeks ago