1. water in the form of an invisible gas or vapour.
2. water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.
3. the mist formed when the gas or vapour from boiling water condenses in the air.
4. an exhalation of a vapour or mist.
5. Informal. power or energy.
–verb (used without object)
6. to emit or give off steam or vapour.
7. to rise or pass off in the form of steam or vapour.
8. to become covered with condensed steam, as a window or other surface (often followed by “up”).
9. to generate or produce steam, as in a boiler.
10.to move or travel by the agency of steam.
11.to move rapidly or evenly: He steamed out of the room.
12.Informal. to be angry or show anger.
–verb (used with object)
13.to expose to or treat with steam, as in order to heat, cook, soften, renovate, or the like.
14.to emit or exhale (steam or vapour).
15.Slang. to cause to become irked or angry (often followed by “up”).
16.to convey by the agency of steam.
17.heated by or heating with steam.
18.propelled by or propelling with a steam engine.
19.operated by steam.
21.bathed with or affected by steam.
22.of or pertaining to steam.
Hot chai in the rain,
Wafting exotic steam ghosts.
Solace for my pains.
23 hours ago