1. an earth consisting chiefly of a hydrated oxide of iron and some oxide of manganese, used in its natural state as a brown pigment (raw umber) or, after heating, as a reddish-brown pigment (burnt umber).
2. the color of such a pigment; dark dusky brown or dark reddish brown.
3. Ichthyology. the European grayling, Thymallus thymallus.
4. North England Dialect. shade; shadow.
5. of the color umber.
–verb (used with object)
6. to color with or as if with umber.
Streaked jaundiced twin breasts
19th July 2018
4 hours ago