1. the pure colour of a clear sky; the primary colour between green and violet in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 450 and 500 nm.
2. something having a blue colour.
3. a person who wears blue or is a member of a group characterized by some blue symbol.
4. (often initial capital letter) a member of the Union army in the American Civil War or the army itself.
5. any of several blue-winged butterflies of the family Lycaenidae.
6. the blue,
a. the sky.
b. the sea.
c. the remote distance.
7. of the colour of blue.
8. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Union army in the American Civil War.
9. (of the skin) discoloured by cold, contusion, fear, or vascular collapse.
10.depressed in spirits; dejected; melancholy.
11.holding or offering little hope; dismal; bleak.
12.characterized by or stemming from rigid morals or religion.
13.marked by blasphemy.
14.(of an animal's hair) greyish-blue.
15.indecent; somewhat obscene; risqué.
–verb (used with object)
16.to make blue; dye a blue colour.
17.to tinge with bluing.
–verb (used without object)
18.to become or turn blue.
Blue is the colour of your smile as you lie in your grave,
Colours robbed from you with the air you breathed.
I wonder about the shade of your softly closed eyes
And that of the world they held in their throes:
The golden fire they once flashed about, faded to ashes
Life, a melancholy tone of greys and blues.
Vintage beauty appears courtesy of Inspyretash-stock at Deviant Art.
haiku 8th November 2017
1 week ago