1. an uninterrupted segment of speech consisting of a centre of relatively great sonority with or without one or more accompanying sounds of relatively less sonority.
2. one or more written letters or characters representing more or less exactly such an element of speech.
3. the slightest portion or amount of speech or writing; the least mention.
–verb (used with object)
4. to utter in syllables; articulate.
5. to represent by syllables.
–verb (used without object)
6. to utter syllables; speak.
Counting on fingers
For syllables that escaped
Wings flapping madly.
19 hours ago