1. the external covering or integument of an animal body, esp. when soft and flexible.
2. such an integument stripped from the body of an animal, esp. a small animal; pelt.
3. the tanned or treated pelt or hide of an animal, esp. when used in apparel and accessories; leather (usually used in combination).
4. any integument covering, casing, outer coating, or surface layer, as an investing membrane, the rind or peel of fruit, or a film on liquid: a skin of thin ice; the aluminium skin of an aeroplane.
a. the outermost layer of a pearl.
b. the outermost layer of a diamond as found: often different in colour and refraction from the inner part of the stone.
a. the shell or ceiling of a hull.
b. the outer, exposed part of a furled sail.
7. Metallurgy. an outer layer of a metal piece having characteristics differing from those of the interior.
8. a container made of animal skin, used for holding liquids, esp. wine.
9. Rocketry. the outer surface of a missile or rocket.
10.to strip or deprive of skin; flay; peel; husk.
11 to remove or strip off (any covering, outer coating, surface layer, etc.).
12.to scrape or rub a small piece of skin from (one's hand, leg, etc.), as in falling or sliding against something.
13.to urge on, drive, or whip (a draft animal, as a mule or ox).
14.to climb or jump.
15.to cover with or as if with skin.
16.Cards. to slide cards one at a time off the top of (the pack) in dealing.
a. Slang. showing or featuring nude persons, often in a sexually explicit way.
b. presenting films, stage shows, exhibitions, etc., that feature nude persons, esp. in a sexually explicit way: a Times Square skin house.
First there was your skin
Shinning and iridescent with the heat of love
Cracking the varnish gloss thrown across my life.
Then the soul within that I drank
A darker wine.
haiku 18th October 2017
19 hours ago