1. the act of indulging or state of being indulgent
2. a pleasure, habit, etc, indulged in; extravagance.
3. liberal or tolerant treatment
4. something granted as a favour or privilege
5. Roman Catholic Church a remission of the temporal punishment for sin after its guilt has been forgiven
6. commerce an extension of time granted as a favour for payment of a debt or as fulfilment of some other obligation
7. Also called: Declaration of Indulgence a royal grant during the reigns of Charles II and James II of England giving Nonconformists and Roman Catholics a measure of religious freedom
8. Commerce . an extension, through favour, of time for payment or performance.
-verb (used with object)
9. Roman Catholic Church . to provide with an indulgence.
Need not involve a priest,
Although Bacchus is invited