1. a portion or allotment of money, food, etc., especially as given at regular intervals by a charity or for maintenance.
2. a dealing out or distributing, especially in charity.
3. a form of payment to the unemployed instituted by the British government in 1918.
4. any similar payment by a government to an unemployed person.
5. Archaic . one's fate or destiny.
-verb (used with object)
6. to distribute in charity.
7. to give out sparingly or in small quantities (usually followed by "out")
Archaic . grief or sorrow; lamentation.
We dole out pasta
For Sunday lunch
Making up for lack of proteins
With nuts and cheese
Cost of Living In France - Paris Edition
3 days ago