1. an abnormal condition of the body, characterized by undue rise in temperature, quickening of the pulse, and disturbance of various body functions.
2. an abnormally high body temperature.
3. the number of degrees of such a temperature above the normal.
4. any of a group of diseases in which high temperature is a prominent symptom.
5. intense nervous excitement.
-verb (used with object)
6. to affect with or as with fever
Treading the file line
Between imagination and hypochondria
Fever could easily transform me
In a dead piece of wood.