1. any of numerous, chiefly Old world oscine birds, of the family Alaudidae, characterized by an unusually long, straight hind claw, especially the skylark, Alauda arvensis.
2. any of various similar birds of other families, as the meadowlark and titlark.
1. a merry, carefree adventure; frolic; escapade.
2. innocent or good-natured mischief; a prank.
3. something extremely easy to accomplish, succeed in, or to obtain.
–verb (used without object)
4. to have fun; frolic; romp.
5. to behave mischievously; play pranks.
6. Fox Hunting . (of a rider) to take jumps unnecessarily
Kittens and children alike
Have much delight for a lark
Mischief and low flying birds