–verb (used with object)
1. to restore to a good or sound condition after decay or damage; mend.
2. to restore or renew by any process of making good, strengthening, etc..
3. to remedy; make good; make up for.
4. to make amends for; compensate.
5. an act, process, or work of repairing.
6. Usually, repairs.
a. an instance or operation of repairing.
b. a repaired part or an addition made in repairing.
7. repairs, (in book keeping, accounting, etc.) the part of maintenance expense that has been paid out to keep fixed assets in usable condition, as distinguished from amounts used for renewal or replacement.
8. the good condition resulting from continued maintenance and repairing.
9. condition with respect to soundness and usability
–verb (used without object)
1. to betake oneself; go, as to a place.
2. to go frequently or customarily.
3. a resort or haunt.
4. the act of going or going customarily; resort.
5. Scot. Obsolete . a meeting, association, or crowd of people.
After many years
Ssleeping alone at sea
The mermaid repairs to stable grounds,
Hot blooded company and the comfort of a bed
Only to hear her lover complain
About scales in the sheets.
poetry 2017 / 089
9 hours ago