1. a region so arid because of little rainfall that it supports only sparse and widely spaced vegetation or no vegetation at all.
2. any area in which few forms of life can exist because of lack of water, permanent frost, or absence of soil.
3. an area of the ocean in which it is believed no marine life exists.
4. any place lacking in something
6. of, pertaining to, or like a desert; desolate; barren.
7. occurring, living, or flourishing in the desert.
8. designed or suitable for wear in the desert, as cool, protective clothing
–verb (used with object)
1. to leave (a person, place, etc.) without intending to return, esp. in violation of a duty, promise, or the like.
2. (of military personnel) to leave or run away from (service, duty, etc.) with the intention of never returning.
3. to fail (someone) at a time of need.
–verb (used without object)
4. to forsake or leave one's duty, obligations, etc. (sometimes fol. by from, to, etc.).
5. (of military personnel) to leave service, duty, etc., with no intention of returning
1. Often, deserts. reward or punishment that is deserved.
2. the state or fact of deserving reward or punishment.
3. the fact of deserving well; merit; virtue.
For months of hard work
Slipping through my fingers like time
With just a faint memory settling between my teeth
Warm scents to coax my reptile brain
Sweet shushing of wind
haiku 18th October 2017
3 days ago