1. violent in action or spirit; raging; furious.
2. growing luxuriantly, as weeds.
3. in full sway; prevailing or unchecked.
4. (of an animal) standing on the hind legs; ramping.
5. Heraldry . (of a beast used as a charge) represented in profile facing the dexter side, with the body upraised and resting on the left hind leg, the tail and other legs elevated, the right foreleg highest, and the head in profile unless otherwise specified.
6. Architecture . (of an arch or vault) springing at one side from one level of support and resting at the other on a higher level.
A slow burning
But under cover
Not even bottom up
The background picture is copyright of Willow of Willow Manor, who has put it forth as a writing prompt.
Join the writing fun at Magpie Tales.
19th July 2018
4 hours ago