–verb (used without object)
1. to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
2. Archaic. to gaze meditatively or wonderingly.
–verb (used with object)
3. to meditate on.
4. to comment thoughtfully or ruminate upon.
1. Initial upper case - Classical Mythology.
a. any of a number of sister goddesses, originally given as Aoede (song), Melete (meditation), and Mneme (memory), but latterly and more commonly as the nine daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who presided over various arts: Calliope (epic poetry), Clio (history), Erato (lyric poetry), Euterpe (music), Melpomene (tragedy), Polyhymnia (religious music), Terpsichore (dance), Thalia (comedy), and Urania (astronomy); identified by the Romans with the Camenae.
b. any goddess presiding over a particular art.
2. (sometimes lowercase) the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like.
3. (lowercase) the genius or powers characteristic of a poet.
Once upon the time,
Love was about
Love (mostly) and honey (sometimes)
When not about
The birds and the bees.
Right now, though,
It looks more concerned with
Love (the immutable),
As well as goats and bees.
It could be that Love
Might soon be about
Love (the ineluctable)
Goat cheese and honey.
A fine dish
For the bitter-sweet minded.
One cannot help but muse.