1. a written document signed by a large number of people demanding some form of action from a government or other authority
2. any formal request to a higher authority or deity; entreaty
3. (law) a formal application in writing made to a court asking for some specific judicial action
4. the action of petitioning
5. (trans.) to address or present a petition to (a person in authority, government, etc.)
6. (intr.) followed by “for” . to seek by petition
Lack of funding?
Lack of interest?
Petition no longer.